Echoes and Reflections in the News
- ADL Successfully Expands Holocaust Education Workshop (Jewishjournal.com)
- Museum Education Directors Trained (USC Shoah Foundation Institute News)
Seminar at Holocaust Memorial & Tolerance Center of Nassau County introduces new training model.
Echoes and Reflections (www.msmc.la.edu)
Twenty Mount St. Mary’s College teacher education candidates attended a special workshop on the topic of teaching about the Holocaust and the history of Anti-Semitism.
Echoes and Reflections Workshop (DWP News)
More than thirty pre- and in-service teachers attended the Dakota Writing Project Echoes and Reflections Workshop at the University of South Dakota, where teachers learned strategies for teaching the Holocaust.
- Helping Students Learn about the Holocaust Using Echoes and Reflections (The Jewish Chronicle)
Following the first training program in Massachusetts, a teacher from Wakefield High School discusses the value of Echoes and Reflections, what he learned at the program, and the importance of Holocaust education.
- Vogel's Visit to Yield New Perspectives on Holocaust Education (La Salle University Collegian Newspaper)
Robert Vogel, participant on the 2010 Echoes and Reflections Professors' Study Tour to Yad Vashem, shares his experiences with fellow faculty and students at La Salle University.
- Speakers Advocate Holocaust Program (Evansville Courier & Press)
Advocates for Holocaust education in Indiana schools want to make sure the curriculum doesn’t fade away. Project Director, Deborah Batiste and Yad Vashem professor, Alan Rosen conducted a workshop in Evansville for educators in area schools.
- Echoes And Reflections Holocaust Curriculum Receives Multicultural
Education Award (ADL)
The Anti-Defamation League announced that Echoes and Reflections—A Multimedia Curriculum on the Holocaust received an award from the National Association for Multicultural Education.
- Holocaust Organization Commends Award Winning Curriculum (GSI)
Generations of the Shoah International, a global network of Holocaust survivors and their descendants, congratulate Echoes and Reflections for receiving the NAME award.
- Omaha Teacher Featured by ADL (Institute for Holocaust Education)
In their annual report, ADL shared the story of a Nebraska teacher who has used Echoes and Reflections to spur enormous interest in studying the Holocaust amongst her students.
- High School Students Visit Holocaust Museum (Westport Minuteman)
A Connecticut teacher complemented his Echoes and Reflections Holocaust lessons by bringing his students to the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York City.
- Echoes and Reflections Reaches Audiences by Recalling the Individual (Jewish Federation of Omaha)
Hundreds of Nebraska educators have been trained using Echoes and Reflections, and they have since brought the stories of individual Holocaust survivors to their classrooms.
- US College Professors attend seminar at Yad Vashem on Holocaust and Anti-Semitism (EJPress)
US College Professors attend Echoes and Reflections seminar at Yad Vashem on The Holocaust and Anti-Semitism